Intrepid English Forums Welcome to Intrepid English Hello New Friends!

7 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Stefano Bruno 2 weeks ago
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Rogers
    @Jen

Come and say hello! We’re a friendly bunch. What’s your name? Where are you from? Tell us one random fact about yourself.

I’ll start.

I’m Jen. I’m from London. If I go to an all you can eat buffet dinner I have to try everything on offer. I literally mean everything. I hate feeling like I’m missing out. Especially when it comes to food!

Your turn.

all you can eat

Lorraine
    Keymaster
    @lorraine

Great ice-breaker (conversation starter), Jen!

Hmmmm… one interesting fact about me….? I know.

My first word was ‘cake’! I must have foreseen a lifelong affection for all kinds of cake.

Looking forward to hearing some interesting facts about our Intrepid English learners!

Stefano Bruno
    Participant
    @StefanoBruno

Hi,

I’m Stefano.

I’m Italian and I live in Tassarolo, a small village, where good wine is produced.

In my home there are a dog, four cats, a rabbit, a fish and … a donkey (myself)… especially for the english language… 🙂

Bye!

Lorraine
    Keymaster
    @lorraine

Hi Stefano,

It’s lovely to hear from you again.

I have to disagree with you though; you are certainly not a donkey when it comes to the English language!

Thanks for introducing yourself to the Community and have a wonderful weekend!

Lorraine

Gemma McLean
    Participant
    @Gemma

Hi everyone 🙂

I’m Gemma and I’m from Edinburgh. All of your introductions have made me think about food and drink so I’ll just keep going! I love popcorn and can eat impressive amounts in a very short space of time. Sometimes I go to the cinema just as an excuse to eat lots of it!

Looking forward to seeing you around the Community.

Stefano Bruno
    Participant
    @StefanoBruno

Hi Gemma,
    this is still something that Lorraine does not know about me and I hope she does not get angry for this:)
    I also love pop with and with my daughter we eat industrial quantities at least once a week.
    And of course for us going to the movies has become an excuse to eat even more!

Have a great day!

Richard Schobinger
    Participant
    @Richard

Hi Stefano: but whoever lives in Tassarolo (from this region I get a wonderful Barbera!!!) has a lot of good antipasti at his disposal. So why pop??? Sorry for the late reaction: Bernese people are slow and I am just about to discover all facets of this website. To everybody: enjoy a great Weekend. Richard

Stefano Bruno
    Participant
    @StefanoBruno

Hi Richard,
    Don’t worry about your response late.
    In Piedmont Region, where I live, there are also red wines mid-range as Barbera: Dolcetto, Bonarda, Brachetto, Frejsa, etc.
    I suggest you to taste them, because they’re very good.
    But, if you want to taste an excellent Piedmont red wine, you’d choose between “Barolo” or “Barbaresco”. They take their name from the villages where they’re produced.
    Instead, if you want to taste a good white wine, I suggest you the “Gavi”, that is produced also in Tassarolo!
    I prefer to drink those types of wines without added sulphites, because they don’t give me a headache.

Yes, we have a lot of “antipasti” (appetizers), above all many types of ham and cold cuts, but they are too good to be eaten during a film…. I’d only eat without watching the film! 🙂

Have a great weekend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.