Finally, let’s take a look at some expressions for closing off a conversation and saying goodbye.
Some more informal expressions for saying goodbye are covered in our English for Beginners course.
- It was a pleasure meeting you/talking to you today.
- It was great to see you again.
- Thanks so much for inviting me./ Thanks so much for coming.
- Thanks again for having us/inviting us.
- Let’s meet again soon.
- Take care!
- Good luck with______.
- Best of luck with_______.
- I look forward to working together again soon.
- Enjoy the rest of your day.
- Have a great day/morning/evening/weekend.
Let’s take a look at some example conversations:
“I’d better go, or I’ll miss my train!”
“Of course. It was great to meet you again. Have a lovely weekend!”
“Thank you, you too!”
“I’ve got to head off to a meeting on the other side of town now.”
“OK, well it was a pleasure chatting with you.”
“Likewise! The project sounds great.”
“I’m glad you think so. Take care and see you again tomorrow.”
What are the most interesting things about you? What skills, hobbies, interests or experiences would you like people to know you have, and why?
Allow yourself ten minutes to write down a small self-introductory paragraph about you. Then practise reading it aloud and making it sound natural.
Once you’re ready, you can book a one-to-one lesson with a teacher to tell us all about yourself and practise your new skills!